Q: Stalling, cutting out, dieing while driving

some times it drives fine and sometimes it will start stalling and cutting out real hard but if you let off and slowly ease back into gas it drives normal, here recently it has stated dieing while driving, sometimes it starts right back up and sometimes it takes 10 minutes, and the check engine light flashes on and off now instead of staying on constantly

A: This is a common symptom of a failing mass ...

This is a common symptom of a failing mass air flow sensor or faulty throttle position sensor.

The mass air flow sensor regulates the air flow into the intake system as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working correctly, this can cause an imbalance in the air/fuel ration which can result in this type of intermittent stalling and performance.

Additionally, the throttle position sensor monitors the position of your foot on the gas pedal and relays this info to the car's computer which then directs the fuel injection system as to how much fuel to supply. When this is not working correctly, this will also cause an imbalance in the air/fuel ratio as well causing the stalling.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your stalling issue and help you repair it accordingly.