Q: Intake plenum

On the underside of my cars upper intake plenum there is a small metal pipe in the center of it for a vacuum hose where is this hose supposed to connect to? There's nothing that I can see that's disconnected with the plenum removed. The car starts and runs fine even though this piece is missing.

If the engine runs perfectly fine, this is likely not a spot for a vacuum hose. If a vacuum hose went there, the engine would run very poorly due to the major vacuum leak.

I know that the 3.1L V6 engine was used in multiple other vehicles. It is possible that this part of the engine is used in a different vehicle for something such as a mounting spot for something else that your vehicle does not have.

As long as the vehicle runs well, I would disregard this issue.

However, if any problems come up, feel free to contact one of our mobile technicians who can come to your home or office to service your vehicle.

3. Intake plenum