Q: All wheel drive not disengaging.

I turned on my AWD the other day and now it wont stop blinking and will not disengage. Dealer was wanting to charge me over $800 to replace a sensor. I know its a very specific service and i'm not sure if anyone would be familiar with this.

Hi there. If the AWD light tends to flash slow, then the wheel range is high and the abs sensor would need replaced. If the AWD light is flashing fast, then the powertrain oil temperature is rising quickly. In that case, check the fluid level and make sure that it is full. If the fluid is full and red in color, then the temperature sensor on the transmission needs replaced. If the AWD light is on solid, then there is a malfunction with the transmission and needs to be addressed right away. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.

3. All wheel drive not disengaging.