Q: How do you check the power steering fluid?

How do you check the power steering fluid?

Power steering fluid is vital for the system to work correctly. However, your car may or may not have a hydraulic system. If you have the 2.5-liter engine or the 3.0-liter engine, your system is completely electronic and does not use fluid. The only Fusions with a hydraulic system are those with the 3.5-liter engine. If that’s you, here’s how to check the level:

1. Let the engine run until it reaches operating temperature.

2. Turn the steering wheel back and forth multiple times.

3. Turn off the car.

4. Open the hood.

5. Locate the power steering fluid reservoir.

6. Make sure that the fluid level is between the minimum and maximum lines. If not, it needs to be topped off and the system inspected for leaks.

3. How do you check the power steering fluid?