Q: Ford Crown Victoria ex-police r they reliable? r they cheap to maintain and repair?

I want to know If Crown victoria year 2005 to 2011 ex police are reliable cars. do they tend to break down? are they cheap to maintain and repair? if I am some one who is looking for a family sedan that will be reliable and cheap to maintain would you recommend crown victoria? I live in canada where winter is long and very cold. snow laden roads and icy roads are common in winter. would crown vics rear wheel drive be a big issue? thank you for your time.

The Ford Crown Victoria has been around a long time and has been driven in the snow by many people. The police use the car cause it is reliable and one of last larger cars without going to a SUV. The police would have maybe ran it a little harder than someone that had it as a family car. The good thing would be you know the car was well maintained during its life by the police mechanic shop. They would have done all the maintenance it needed to maintain it to manufacture specifications. Now the negative side is why are they getting rid of it? Is it only due to mileage or years of in service or is their some major needed repairs that are needed. They should have to disclose that when they sell it. In the United States they have to disclose major problems. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a vehicle pre purchase inspection to help you check for any major problems the vehicle may have before you purchase it.

• Ford Crown Victoria ex-police r they reliable? r they cheap to maintain and repair?