Q: Engine light and bad gears

One day the radio system freezed and the following day engine light came on. I took it to autozone and they connected the reader and said it is PCM, whether needs to be replaced or reprogrammed. I disconnected the battery and engine light went off. After 2 days started to kicking and engine light came on again and I disconnected the battery again. And I took it to dealer with the engine light off, they said it was something wrong with the MAP (manifold pressure sensor). I changed it and after one week the engine light came on again and it had very low power in engine when I was pushing gas and there was something wrong with the brakes but since I was 150 miles away from the city, I disconnected the battery again. Still the engine light is off but When I push gas, it has low power and the gears are not smoothly changing. I am just wondering how can make the engine light come on in order to take it to dealer to understand otherwise they won't understand what is wrong with the car

When you disconnect the battery, the PCM (powertrain control module) looses it’s stored information about your driving habits. Believe it or not, the car learns how you drive, and tries to adapt to your style, so things may not go smoothly for a while after disconnecting the battery until the car can "re-learn" the settings. But if you have a malfunction, a code will be stored. Usually the check engine light doesn’t come on until the second time the PCM has seen the fault, but there will still be a pending code that is there for anyone to read who knows how to access it. If you don’t think the dealer is serving you well, contact Your Mechanic. They will send a technician out to your home or office to read the codes on your car and tell you what can be done about it.