Q: Car started clicking before dying

The Check Engine Light was on for a while. Then the car started clicking, and then died. I turned it back on, and it didn't recognize the keyless remote. I changed the batteries in the remote, but my car still won't start. I do know that I need the camshaft sensor replaced, so that could be the problem.

A: A faulty camshaft sensor will definitely ca...

A faulty camshaft sensor will definitely cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate; there will most likely be a fault stored for it, if it is, indeed, faulty. All other fault codes will need to be read out as well. As far as the remote issues go, the camshaft sensor should have no effect. I would check the vehicle's battery first; a low or discharged battery can cause quite a few electrical malfunctions, including, but not limited to, the Check Engine Light being illuminated, and lost initializations such as keyless remotes. The battery needs to be charged, and load-tested, and the charging system should be checked. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic with the equipment and training to properly diagnose the cause of the Check Engine Light illumination, and address your other issues.