Q: Truck is running good, but sometimes it will act like it's flooding out. It will sometimes stall when stopped unless I pump the gas quickly

Truck is flooding itself out. Have no O2 sensors hooked up is it's obviously burning rich but truck floods to where it'll completely cut in and out during drives. I believe it's a crank position sensor bit was wanting some advice.

Hi there. Your truck is from the 1999 model year so it is fully OBD-II compliant. That means that the computer "runs" the show and the only way the car can be tuned is if the oxygen sensors are operating when the engine is in closed loop mode (fully warmed up).

Any known missing sensors affect too many variables in the computer, and outputs in terms of fuel injector pulse for example to be able to just work around missing sensors. If you already know of critical missing components, such as oxygen sensors, you should address those repairs first. YourMechanic offers O2 sensor replacement. If you need help pinpointing the cause of the stalling issue, then a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the car and follow through with repairs.

3. Truck is running good, but sometimes it will act like it's flooding out. It will sometimes stall when stopped unless I pump the gas quickly