Q: 2006 Jeep Commander horn problem

I have the 2006 Jeep Commander, I don't know if you remember that the horn wasn't working. We changed out the relay, and the fuse. I took it to the dealership they said that the horn switch inside of the steering wheel was unplugged, they plugged it back in and the horn just blared continuously. So they said that it needed the horn switch pad replaced in the steering wheel. Mike and I just did that. The horn still didn't work. As soon as we closed the vehicle doors the horn started blaring again non stop. We pulled out the relay and plugged it back in. The horn from beeping in on the steering wheel still didn't work, but when I hit lock on the vehicle the horn beeped like it was supposed to. We thought that maybe we put the horn pad in upside down. I went to disconnect the battery again so the airbag didn't blow up in our face and as soon as I touched the positive battery cable the horn started blaring again... so I just pulled out the relay so it would stop and threw it in m

Hi there. Check the wiring from the horn button to the horn and see if there is any loose wiring or any burned wires. If all the wiring looks good, then the issue is within the steering column. The horn plate could be going to ground before the button is pressed making the horn active all the time. If you need further assistance with the horn not working correctly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.