Q: Oil pressure gage at zero. No leaks and has plenty of oil. No abnormal noise and temps normal. No low pressure warning light.

I have zero oil pressure on gage. No leaks and has plenty of oil. Temps normal. No abnormal noise and no warning light for low oil pressure.

The oil pressure gauge will usually drop when a few things could be happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil, the oil pump could be failing or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. If the engine is in fact low on oil, you may notice the temperature gauge reading above normal temperatures as a result of the lack of sufficient oil in the motor. I would recommend checking the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. Many vehicles also have a safety feature built into the vehicle’s computer system which will shut the engine down completely or trigger a “safe mode” of some kind which will drastically limit the vehicle’s engine power to avoid further engine damage until the oil pressure problem is corrected. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your oil pressure to be so low.

3. Oil pressure gage at zero. No leaks and has plenty of oil. No abnormal noise and temps normal. No low pressure warning light.