Q: Would a clogged catalytic converter burn a hole in the manifold

While driving my car it stopped and wouldn't move looking under the hood it was a hole I'm the manifold which was not previously there because I had recently had the car worked on. The check engine light was previously coming on and the take off is dragging. Also the AC only blows on the drivers side and only once I've accelerated at least 40 mph it starts to get cold I have added Freon and it has not helped

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The hole in the manifold is a sign of something coming out of the engine, either a piston or a valve. If the manifold is the intake manifold, then there could be a burned hole or a crack. This will cause the engine to not have much vacuum which will make the engine stop running. If the exhaust manifold has a hole in it, then a piston or valve came through the block. To check, look to see where the hole is. If the hole is not on the exhaust manifold, then crank the engine over to see if it turns over. If the engine does turn over, then you will need to fix or replace the intake manifold, or what ever came off the manifold.

For the A/C to only blow on the driver side, there could be an air duct that came apart inside the dash or a vent could be shut. As for the air only getting cold when driving at 40 miles per hour, the condenser could be full of dirt and needs cleaned out or the cooling fan could have stopped working. Check the condenser for dirt and if it is clean and check the condition of the cooling fans and the harness plug for an corrosion and debris. Check for power to the fan and check for a ground on the harness with the A/C switch on high and max. If there is power and ground and the fan is not coming on, then the fan motor needs replaced. If you need help with diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the stalling problem and guide you with repairs.

3. Would a clogged catalytic converter burn a hole in the manifold