Q: Explorer won't start

My vehicle won't start. It's been giving me problems for the last six months, but always managed to turn over, sometimes after two or three attempts. Now it won't turn over at all. It just spins. I had the starter tested, and that is fine. I tried jumping it with no luck. The fuses look fine. I can hear the fuel pump engage.

Any idea what the issue might be? Something with the fuel?

If the engine turns over but does not start, then you may have problems with the timing chain. The vehicle may have no start issues that need to be diagnosed by a qualified mechanic; the timing may have jumped or you may have another issue like no spark or fuel pressure.

These engines have had many issues with the timing chains and a lot of other issues that could cause the problem you are having. Only an in-person check would narrow the problem down for you.

3. Explorer won't start