Q: Car trying to start but won't turn over

I have a 2003 Chevy Tracker. It sounds normal as it tries to start but can't turn over. What could be happening? I haven't had an oil change in longer than the recommended amount of time, could this be the reason? I checked for erosion around the battery connection and it all looks normal. Any help is much appreciated.

Be sure you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. With a fully charged battery, if the starter motor does not run that signifies an electrical problem in the starter circuit or a problem with the starter motor itself. If there is power to the starter motor and yet it doesn’t run, the starter is condemned and replaced. Alternatively, if there is no power to the starter, or there is a big voltage drop anywhere on the circuit to the starter, then the circuit has to be traced until the fault in the circuit is found. Notably, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. Regardless of what the underlying cause of the no start condition is, if you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.