Q: Spark plugs not sparking. 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport

I don’t know why my car won't start up. My car engine turns but there is no spark. I can hear the fuel pump spinning. I disconnected the fuel filter, turned the key and saw the gas coming out. I tested the plugs for sparks but there are NONE. I tested the plug wires and the Ohmmeter and it made a bleep noise. I tested the ignition coils and the Ohmmeter and it made a bleep noise. I tested the ignition control module and the Ohmmeter and it made a bleep noise. Can you please tell me why my spark plugs aren't sparking?

Hello there. Thanks for writing in. No start faults are one of the most common complaints on many vehicles including your 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport. Cars need three things to start: spark, fuel, and air. Spark is the first one that is checked. If there is no spark, then a few faults could be occurring. The coil is faulty, battery lacks the voltage to power, the ignition switch is faulty, or the ECU is not sending the signal to fire the coil. When you say the multimeter beeps, I am assuming you are using the OHM setting to check for continuity. A continuity check just tests if the wire has a complete connection and is able to work - but does not confirm spark. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the starting issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Spark plugs not sparking. 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport