Q: The car stalled out and the battery and oil light came on

while driving on the freeway my car turned off and the oil light and battery light came on. The batteries not dead but the car wont start. I let it set overnight after it stalled on the freeway and it started up again, I was able to drive it for about a half hour before it stalled and i havent been able to start since. When I try to start it, it cranks but wont catch.

A: When a car has that many miles on it, it co...

When a car has that many miles on it, it could be just about anything. The temptation is to go shooting in the dark and just start replacing parts until the car works again. That method can get very expensive, very quickly. There are a few simple tests that a trained mechanic can perform that can systematically narrow down the cause of your problem so you don’t buy a bunch of parts you don’t need. YourMechanic can send a qualified technician to your home to troubleshoot your problem and get you back on the road for a minimum of expense and inconvenience.