Q: The lights underneath the seats don't turn off, and the passenger's side door shows as unlocked.

The lights under each seat aren't turning off, even when I lock the door. The passenger's side door is closed/locked properly, but the dashboard keeps showing it as unlocked.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The common cause of this in many Volkswagen models is the micro-switch located in the door latches. Most likely, whichever door is showing as open, is the door with the failed micro-switch. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. The lights underneath the seats don't turn off, and the passenger's side door shows as unlocked.