Q: Car starting roughly

My car is starting roughly. I believe it's the timing chain and/or the timing chain spacers.

If you are hearing a grinding noise for a few seconds on engine start up, the timing chain tensioners are to blame. There are two chain tensioners, however, if one is bad, both are replaced. It is a rather large job to replace them that involves removing the intake manifold, valve covers, oil pan, AC compressor, power steering pump and alternator. I have done quite a few of them at my time at the Hyundai dealer. If you are the original owner of the car, I would call Hyundai’s customer assistance line to see if they can assist you, or cover the repair. If they can not, have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your issue and replace the timing chains if needed.