Q: 2011 Panamera, constant steering wheel shake.

Hi. I'm looking at a pre-owned 2011 Panamera 2 that has about 50k mi. There is constant steering wheel shake - even sitting still. If anything , it seems to improve with speed, vs. what I commonly read from other drivers who feel the shake introduced only after a certain speed.

The dealer, after checking this out further after my push-back, says this is normal for a 50k mi Panamera. This doesn't sound right to me. With so many factors from tires, to bushings, etc., I'd assume the dealer would do whatever possible to sell me the thing - it's the only reason I haven't bought it already. But I'm curious what you think about this being "normal" or not, and any other thoughts, advice.

Thanks, Jeff

Hi there. Although we don’t service or complete repairs on this vehicle, there are a few things you might want to have inspected before you purchase this vehicle. First, have the front wheels and tires balanced. This is the typical cause of steering wheel vibrations; especially above 40 mph. Second, ask the dealer to tell you when the front wheel bearings were last replaced. If the vehicle has 50,000 miles, it’s possible the bearings are worn out and causing the vibration. Having driven several luxury high performance vehicles in the past, I can tell you that a steering wheel vibration is not "normal" for any vehicle. These cars are finely tuned for optimal performance and handling.

3. 2011 Panamera, constant steering wheel shake.