Q: My 2007 Nissan Murano gas gage stays at empty and recently I started the car and I drove 3ft and it stopped what is going on?

asked by on September 15, 2017

The cars gas tank always reads empty and recently I started the car drove for a few feet and it stopped shut it off tried restarting and it took awhile to start but it drove It also doesn't have good gusto when pushing the gas o thought it was a fuel pump relay system issue from reading the symptoms on here but my car doesn't have one what can this be? The mechanic will be here Monday changing the fuel sensor but I really would like to have my car back in complete working order.

Hi Brittany. Thanks for contacting us today. If the fuel sensor is not working on your Nissan, it may or may not be the cause of the acceleration problems you are having. In most cases this type of symptom is caused by an EVAP solenoid or EVAP canister issue - that can also be the reason for the fuel tank to display as ’empty’. However, a faulty fuel sensor can also relay false data to the ECU and negatively impact the fuel pump’s ability to efficiently flow fuel to the throttle body. I think since you have an appointment to have the fuel sensor changed out on Monday, you should wait to see if this resolves the problem before making plans on other repairs. While the mechanic is there, they can likely scan for error codes, which should give them a better clue as to what is causing your problems.