Q: 1997 Explorer shaking at 55 mph and up

I have a '97 Explorer. At 55 miles an hour and up, it starts to shake, but I can't find any loose parts. Any suggestions?

A: Get in touch with a good mechanic and get t...

Get in touch with a good mechanic and get the tires checked. The balance on the tires is checked first. Bad balance would often do that. If you don't see anything loose when you jack it up, pull the tires to ensure that nothing is playing, then it's not tie rods, bolt joints or anything.

It's often that the tires are out of balance. Once in a while, a bad alignment would do the same thing. It's rare, but I've had customers with cars where the tires were balanced fine, and they still had some shakes until they got their alignment fixed. Either of these two tasks should be able to solve your problem. If you'd like, you could have a technician come to you to diagnose your car's shaking issue so that they can recommend the exact repair that you need.