Q: i have an 1997 dodge intrepid. it is overheating, gurgling and smokingbfrom radiator with coolant coming out. what can be the prob

asked by on December 29, 2016

I can drive less than a mile and my radiator starts smoking and shooting out coolant. It makes gurgling sounds and is overheating.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons a vehicle will overheat. The first thing to check is the level of your coolant. If it is full, then the water pump or thermostat is likely restricting the flow of coolant through the system. This does not allow the hot coolant to cool off and be recirculated. If the coolant is low, you need to find the source of your leak. The level of coolant should stay the same. The system is either leaking, or the engine is consuming the coolant. Either way, if this is the case, the leak is related to your overheating problems. Due to how fast it is overheating, its likely a failed component. Only further inspection will tell. For help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.