Q: axle issue

asked by on February 25, 2018

I replaced the left axle and drove only 40 miles. Van stopped completely with a big noise. Not moving at all. when i put on drive nothing happens it doesn't move at all but when i put on park it give a loud noise

The noise you get when you try to put it in park is the parking pawl trying to engage while the transmission is turning. It’s clear that either the axle has failed, or it has become disconnected somehow. It could be that when you inserted the axle into the final drive, you didn’t get it fixed all the way in place and it jumped out of the spline. In any case, you need to re-visit the axles. If you want to bring in professional help, contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda and let you know what is the solution.