Q: How do i turn off the auto door lock feature on my 1998 Silverado?

asked by on December 04, 2016

My 1998 silverado automatically locks the doors when the key is turned on and unlocks them when the key is turned off. How do I disable this?

Hi there. With the ignition switch off grab the multi function switch and pull it towards you. Hold the switch and turn on the key to run two times. After you shut off the ignition switch, release the multi function switch. Now tap on the door lock switch twice. This should make the computer unlock the doors and not allow the auto lock function to work. Reverse the steps to re-enable the auto locks. If you need further assistance with your auto door locks, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.