Q: While driving, car jumps into lower gears unexpectedly almost coming to a stop. Then the car jumps back into higher gear at random intervals.

My mitsubishi spacewagon while driving, it jumps out of gear into a lower one maybe, with a hard forward jerk (Engine revs loudly) at random intervals and then jumps back into gear when foot is up off the gas. I put it on the diagnostic scanner and it says the transmission is fine. How do i fix my problem?
Also my car has very low power; when turned on and left to idle it sometimes drop pressure and then just shuts off if I don't press the gas. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. Sounds like the kick down solenoid is sticking and not functioning correctly. The kick down solenoid make the circuit within the transmission valve body (transmission controller) to down shift when under heavy acceleration to allow a lower gear to be engaged. What is happening is the solenoid is operating without the throttle demand. I recommend replacing the kick down solenoid and checking the throttle position sensor (TPS) for its working properly. If you need further assistance with your transmission going into lower gears unexpectedly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• While driving, car jumps into lower gears unexpectedly almost coming to a stop. Then the car jumps back into higher gear at random intervals.