Q: My brakes are squeaking, dealer said they can check if a service would be due for $140 or to replace all 4 completely it would cost $740.

asked by on December 03, 2016

I just want to know if 740 to replace all brakes with a 2 year warranty is a ripoff

Hi there. Most shops will charge to replace the brakes on a vehicle by the axle. That would be the front wheels as one axle and the rear wheels as a second axle plus parts. The dealership wants to replace all of the parts, brake pads / shoes, rotors / drums, and a full inspection. The parts at the dealership are usually expensive but are the OEM parts for the vehicle. If the cost is too much for you, then I suggest contacting other shops and find out what they would charge for a full brake service and then choose the shop to goes to. If you need further assistance with your brakes being noisy, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you replace them.