Q: Hello my gears shift on my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta and it sounds terrible. what does that mean exactly ?

Hello my gears shift on my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta and it sounds terrible. what does that mean exactly ? Also my lights on the inside don’t work unless the high beams are on and it makes this awful beeping sound

Hi Dyani. Thanks for contacting us today. It really depends on what type of noise is being produced when shifting which will determine the root source or cause of the noise. If it’s a grinding noise when your automatic transmission shifts, it indicates internal damage to the transmission, while a slipping type of noise indicates either dirty transmission fluid or perhaps an internal fluid leak. In regards to the internal lights, the noise is likely a warning chime, indicating there is an electrical fault. The best advice I can offer you is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection, so they can identify the source of your transmission and internal light issues and provide you with repair advice.

3. Hello my gears shift on my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta and it sounds terrible. what does that mean exactly ?