Q: What water pump would I buy for a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0?

NO HEAT UNTIL 1-2 MILES AFTER DRIVING IT AND AFTER WARMING THE ENGINE FOR 1/2HR VIN #JN1CA31A3YT019528

Hi there. Remove the water pump to the vehicle and clean it off. On the pump you will see a part number which would be the number for a retail parts store to cross reference. When having a parts store look up the new water pump, it is always best to have the old water pump to match up to the new water pump. This makes sure that the pump will have the same bolt patterns and the same pulley depth. I recommend installing the OEM specified water pump to your vehicle from the dealership. If you need further assistance with determining which water pump is best for your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.