Q: How long does it take for the check engine light to go off after changing a pcv valve

asked by on March 13, 2018

How long would it take roughly or what needs to be done for the engine light to go off if the pcv was the only code that pop up when diagnosed

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Christopher. Most of the time, OBD-II error codes don’t erase on their own. When a repair has been completed, the ECU needs to be told that it has been done, which resets and clear the old codes and allows the ECU to recycle to check if the issue has been resolved. This is completed by a professional mechanic through a check engine light inspection.