Q: won't start in damp weather

like new starter, year old alternater and battery, 2 year old spark plugs and wires

In my experience, the most common cause for a no start in damp weather conditions on these vehicles is a loss of spark. Most of the time, it will come down to a failed/cracked distributor cap, or a faulty ignition coil. There are several possible causes for a no start condition, but these are the two that, by far, are the most common that I see. If you feel that you need some help in identifying/repairing the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

This problem of hard or no start during damp weather is most commonly caused by ignition wires or engine running too lean. Try to spray the plug wires with water from a spray bottle to see if the wires start arching. If they do then replace the wires and use dielectric lube on the ends to seal in the high voltage.

3. won't start in damp weather