Q: My car is overheating it does not have any oil and also it won't start or crank at all what could be the problem?

asked by on December 18, 2016

My car is overheating but it does not look like it's coming from the radiator more like under the engine. And it won't even start.i tried giving it a jump but thats not working either, help please

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The engine may be in a protective shut down mode that wont let it start, or it may be seized. It is hard to tell based on the given information. You will want to start by finding out where the engine oil leaked from. This is going to be the biggest issue, and can cause the engine to overheat (the engine oil does a surprising amount of engine cooling). The smoke you may be seeing could be oil dripping onto the hot engine. You may also have a blown head gasket that can cause the oil to be consumed by the engine. The extra strain on the vehicle may have caused other issues as well, and you will want to have this inspected by a technician. You need to find the source of the oil leak and take corrective actions. After that you can do an inspection on the starting and cooling system to see if any other damage has occurred.