Q: Loud noise from engine when starting

I hear a loud noise from the engine when I start the car. Also, the water light comes on.

A: Hello. There are many components that can f...

Hello. There are many components that can fail and cause an internal engine noise. On your car the most common is either a failure in the camshaft, this would cause a loud ticking, or a rod bearing which would cause a knocking noise. A mechanic would need to isolate the area that the noise is coming from. In some cases, draining the engine oil and inspecting it for metal shavings is a god indicator of what is going on. In either case, if there is metal in the oil then the engine needs to be replaced. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic to diagnose your engine's starting noise to have this issue resolved.