Q: Loud noise from engine when starting

I hear a loud noise from the engine when I start the car. Also, the water light comes on.

Hello. There are many components that can fail and cause an internal engine noise. On your car the most common is either a failure in the camshaft, this would cause a loud ticking, or a rod bearing which would cause a knocking noise. A mechanic would need to isolate the area that the noise is coming from. In some cases, draining the engine oil and inspecting it for metal shavings is a god indicator of what is going on. In either case, if there is metal in the oil then the engine needs to be replaced. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic to diagnose your engine’s starting noise to have this issue resolved.