Q: Went to Jiffy Lube got a oil change

Went to jiffy lube , got a oil change drove five miles went into store came back out to crank car car would not crank check dipstick and there was no oil on it at all . How do I know if the motor locked up what do I do in this situation

To determine if an engine is seized, one would turn it clockwise by hand using a wrench and socket applied to the crankshaft pulley bolt. That test is made easier if you remove the spark plugs so that there is no engine compression. If your engine was run without oil though, the bearings may be so dry it might not turn. There are engine oil pressurization systems that can re-introduce oil into the oil galleries and bearings and you "might" be able to get the engine to turn after using such a tool. If there was no oil in the engine and you drove 5 miles the engine has definitely suffered damage but the exact extent would only be discoverable in disassembly. In all probability, the engine will have to be re-built. It is not rare by any means for mass production "oil change facilities" to fail to add oil back, install the filter, tighten the drain plug, or tighten the oil cap. Your inquiry on this general problem is not the first. In your circumstance, if oil was not added to the engine and the quick change facility carelessly sent you on your way, obviously the shop is 100% responsible for replacing your engine. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.