Q: A single clicking noise when i try to start my car

I have purchased a new car with 149050 miles on the odometer and the engine very dirty,however, i have noticed that the car is failing to start every so often i go to start the car to get it to operating temperature before my journey. When i try to start the car it gives me a single click from the n/s/f area,i have taken it to the garage and they have said it is the starter solinoid on the starter. Without me buying a new starter is there any way i could get round this issue? Thank you

Hi There, I believe the shop is correct in that this is related to a faulty starter solenoid. Depending on the particular model of your Suzuki, this may have a starter solenoid that is external from the starter (meaning it is a separate part from the starter) or it may be integrated with the starter (meaning it is all part of the starter). A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. A single clicking noise when i try to start my car