Q: Head bolt torque

Need to know the torque process for the 1.4 l ecotec in the 2012 crude Ltz

A: The cylinder head tightening sequence and t...

The cylinder head tightening sequence and tightening torque must be done correctly to ensure no damage to the engine. If there are any questions regarding the sequence or torquing procedure we recommend contacting a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist in the repair. The tightening sequence is center-outward in an x type pattern. The bolts are angle torqued so a torque angle gauge or torque angle wrench must be used. The torque spec is 26 Ftlbs or 35Nm with a torque angle of 180 degrees.