Q: When I'm driving and come to a stop, the rpm gauge goes up while I'm braking causing the car to jerk sometimes.

The rpm gauge sometimes gets stuck in between 2,000 to 3,000 rpm even when I take my foot off the gas. Then at times the fail safe engine light will come on after I come to a stop. I cleaned out the throttle which wasnt too dirty and MAF sensor which helped it a bit but not enough. Do you think it might be the throttle body position sensor?I have the same symptoms you'd get with that being an issue. And it does lag on the gears.

Hello. This is a common sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of a vehicle. The sensor is usually located on the butterfly spindle/shaft so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle. This sensor relays the position of the throttle plate (also called the butterfly) relative to your foot’s position on the gas pedal and associates the two in the ECU. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when applying the gas pedal. To have this taken care of, I recommend having a professional from YourMechanic inspect the hesitation problem and replace the throttle position sensor if necessary.

3. When I'm driving and come to a stop, the rpm gauge goes up while I'm braking causing the car to jerk sometimes.