Q: How to adjust the autolamp delay duration on a 2003 Ford Explorer (not equipped with the setup button)

I own a 2003 ford explorer which waits 20 seconds before turning the lamp off in auto mode. I wanted to learn how to increase this delay. The manual says it can be increased up to 3 minutes but does not explain how. Thanks.

Hello. The auto lamp delay is changed by the button on the rear view mirror. This button allows you to change the delay function. If you do not have the button on your vehicle then it cannot be changed manually. The only way to change it at that point is with a scan tool that has the ability to reprogram the system and change the parameters. This is something that typically needs to be done at the dealer.