Q: My dodge Dakota revs rpms extremely high when I start the truck vacume lines are good what else might it be?

asked by on August 04, 2017

Rpms Rev extremely high won't stop vac lines are good throttle control sense is good what else could it be

Hi there. Typically a high engine RPM is caused by a vacuum leak or idle control valve failure. Although you’ve indicated that the vacuum lines and throttle control sensor are good, you might want to verify all vacuum line connections by reviewing the schematic in the service and repair manual for your Dodge Dakota, or have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a engine rpm is high inspection.