Q: hello

asked by on June 29, 2017

my car does not move fast. i have to mash the accelerator to the lowest for my car to move a little fast.my check engine Light is also on, right in my Dashboard of my car.my ABS Light is also on.when i put my gear on Revers it makes a sound.What's the reason why my car won't move more than 40? i can't drive to 80. so slow. the engine of my car was changed from 2 AZ to 1AZ. my Gear was changed from 13 pin to 1o pin gear Box. and i was using my car so well before all this problem came up. please answer me thanks.

If the symptoms occurred immediately after the engine conversion (from 2AZ to 1AZ), such problems can stem from incompatibility of engine computers and controls. If this modification of the engine was performed at a regular Toyota dealership though they may have taken steps to ensure compatibility. If a generic "shop" did the conversion they might have tried to make it compatible but not succeeded. Engines on cars are no longer easily "interchangeable" and the catalog specified engine must be used to avoid problems. This is because the computer that controls the engine is hardwired to the car. So, you have to use the engine "type" that the car was designed for. However, if the new engine was functioning well for a while, and this acceleration problem just developed, the issue could be diagnosed in a slow acceleration diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.