Q: 2012 Buick Verano steering feels like it is locking up.

asked by on August 31, 2016

When I am on long trips, the steering sometimes feels like it wants to lock up. This is my 2nd Verano and I had traded in the first one for this same reason. Looks like the didn’t fix the problem in this model! On the first one, I had to wait a whole month for the dealership to get parts in, so I had traded it in. While driving on the interstate, when I’m trying to stay in a lane and barely moving the steering wheel, it feels as though it might lock up. It can be a stressful feeling because it can turn too much and might cause an accident. What can be done to fix this?

Steering wheel does not respond properly Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there, I’m sorry to hear about the problems with your 2012 Buick Verano. This vehicle should have an electronic power steering system, which can be a problem when there are faulty electrical connections, worn out wiring, etc. I would suggest having the power steering motor tested to check for any issues relating to connections or faulty wiring. To have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified expert will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose the steering problem.