Q: Anti-theft system problem

The anti-theft system will not reset. The electrical system locked out, there are no bulbs lit inside, and the car will not start.

A: It sounds like the battery is not powering ...

It sounds like the battery is not powering the vehicle and would need to be checked. If your battery voltage falls below 9 volts, then the anti-theft system may think a break-in is happening, and it will lock out until the battery is on, and the correct key is used. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check this out for you to identify and quote the repairs needed. The starting system and charging system should be checked first.