Q: Cabin fan inop - no heat or A/C

Blower fan inop. Heat and A/C not blowing at all. Fuses checked out ok. Next step was to determine if it is the blower motor transistor or the blower motor. Replaced the blower motor transistor since it is cheaper. I did this in the parking lot of the auto parts store and it worked!...or so I thought. As I was driving home from the auto parts store, it went out again. Now I am unsure what to do next. Please help.

A: While you have it turned on, try wiggling t...

While you have it turned on, try wiggling the wires to the resistor and blower motor to see if you have a poor wire connection. If it still will not come on again, then you may have burned out the blower resistor due to the blower motor being bad and drawing too much power. You may have to replace the blower and resistor at the same time. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the AC system and verify what needs repair.