Q: Backed up the drive way then put it in drive while stopped gave gas the car made a sound then it wouldn't go anywhere 2007 Honda Accord

I backed up from my driveway I put the car on drive but the passenger from tire was on ice, gave the car gas it skid a little bit then the car made a loud sound on the driver front tire then the car would now go anywhere. When I put it in drive it makes a loud grinding sound but the car turns on fine.

Hi there - I suspect you have sheared off either the CV joint, or the axle shaft on the front side that was spinning on the ice. When the tire went from spinning freely (under power) to a full stop with good traction, either the CV joint or the axle could not take the shock load, and failed. I recommend an axle inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.