Q: Hey. My throttle body went out on my 2009 dodge caliber. I had a friend replace it. The car is still driving like it wants to shut

asked by on May 09, 2017

Hey. My throttle body went out on my 2009 dodge caliber. I had a friend replace it. The car is still driving like it wants to shut off. He hooked his computer up and it is saying there is nothing wrong with it. He called dodge and they said to replace the gas pedal sensor but it didn't change anything. Any ideas on what it may be or if you can fix it.

Throttle Body Replacement $252.08 - $1797.29 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Considering the work already completed, we can assume for the moment that the throttle and pedal’s sensor are both working. If you have not already re-scanned the vehicle for codes, do so first. You may also want to use a different scan tool in case the one you are using is very basic, it may not have the software needed to communicate with your vehicle. Autozone is very helpfull when it comes to scanning and obtaining a scan tool. Use any codes present to help guide you through diagnostics. You may want to turn your attention to the other components in the air intake system. Make sure there is nothing wrong with the mass airflow and temperature sensors, and assure your air filter and intake ducts are clean. You may also want to verify that the sensors and throttle were both installed correctly. Due to the lack of information coming from the vehicle’s computer, finding the problem may be a lengthy process of elimination. Modern vehicles like this are generally monitored very well by the vehicle’s computer. Issues like this, when the components are electrical, usually give off codes that help find the problem. The problem may be anything from an air intake issue, to faulty throttle replacement parts, to an issue with the fuel system. You may want to call in a technician to inspect the vehicle. Contact our service department about scheduling with our technicians.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr