Q: Engine revs really high up when I idle

I have a fairly new 2014 Mazda CX-5 with a mere 8k miles on it that has a problem whenever you come to a complete stop after driving. The engine revs up really high for a second. This is obviously extra concerning in an automatic where the brake is all that’s holding you in place. This revving makes it get back into gear roughly too. I am sure this isn’t good, but is it an urgent problem?

A: Hello, by the way you describe your concern...

Hello, by the way you describe your concern, it sounds like the vehicle has a high idle, or an idle flare at a stop. Check for the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB 01-005/14) for an updated software/firmware to help remedy this concern.