Q: Why does my car lose power at 20 miles an hour and 60 miles an hour and my check engine light goes on and off

Sometimes when I'm driving I get to 20 miles an hour and the car starts to lose power then it picks back up after I cut the car off and cut it back on then when I'm getting up to 60 miles an hour does the same and when I cut the car off and cut it back on I get all the power again what's my problem

Hello. It sounds like you may have a sensor issue going on with your car. Most of the time when something like this occurs it is caused by a throttle position sensor that is not working properly. It can also be caused by worn out fuel system or ignition system parts but it is most commonly a sensor. I will usually install my scan tool and drive the vehicle while monitoring what the sensors are doing. This would tell me if there is a sensor issue going on. If the sensors are reading correctly then I inspect the ignition system and also test the fuel pressure. If you are looking to have this loss of power checked, consider having a YourMechanic certified technician come to your home or office to diagnose why it is losing power.

3. Why does my car lose power at 20 miles an hour and 60 miles an hour and my check engine light goes on and off