Q: Ignition/distribution engine speed input circuit malfunction error 0320 on OBDII device

The check light came on the dash and the RPM stop working. I changed the timing belt, water pump, crankshaft position sensor, now the engine runs perfectly but I get the same message on the OBDII and the RPM is still not working. Anyway the error code 0320 is not in my Hyundai's book. What kind of sensor has to be replaced? Thank you John

The code is for the camshaft position sensor no rpm signal. The sensor is mounted in the cylinder head and monitors the camshaft turning. The sensor and its wiring should be tested first then if needed the sensor can then be replaced. If you need help testing the sensor circuit and code P0320 then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and do pinpoint test for the code and repair as directed.

• Ignition/distribution engine speed input circuit malfunction error 0320 on OBDII device