Q: Transmission shifting

When I'm driving about 50 mph in my pickup, it tends to shift up and down over and over again till I either speed up or slow down.

The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. When the speed sensor is faulty, this causes an inaccurate reading to be supplied to the control module resulting in incorrect shifting points. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem.