Q: Cylinder misfire and burning oil

I've had my integra go though a scan tool already but forgot what the fix for the car was. My integra has a misfire in cylinder 4 and can't remember the part that I needed to order. The problem isn't spark plugs, I'm sure it's the engine part that goes with the cylinder. My car has been misfiring for about a week now and I've noticed that there's a smell of burning oil that I can smell through the vents. Especially when after idling at a light...is this from the misfire? (Pretty sure it isn't the PCV valve because it wouldn't come through the vents right??)

Hello. From your description this can be caused by a few things. The oil smell tells me that your either have an external oil leak that is causing this or you may have a valve seal or piston ring problem that will require some serious engine work. I usually check the engine for any external leaks as oil getting on the ignition system components will cause it to misfire. If there are not any external issues then I do a compression test to see if the problem is internal. If you are planning on having this misfire and oil smell diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to take a look at it.

3. Cylinder misfire and burning oil