Q: Clunking noise when turning or going over bumps.

When I make a right or left turn coming out of my graded driveway, I hear a clunking noise coming from the engine bay. I have changed nearly all the suspension components on the car and I have even changed the power steering rack and pinion. The noise remains. The car also pulls to the right a little bit even though all tire pressures are equal. A few of my co-workers suspect one or more of the engine mounts. The car has over 250,000 miles and still has the original mounts. Any help would be appreciated.

What you are describing sounds like a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking, clunking or popping sound coming from this area as the weight of the vehicle puts pressure on this area and shifts back and forth and side to side. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.