Q: It is making a roaring noise.

asked by on November 01, 2016

We changed the wheel bearing back & front. We were told that was probably the problem.We also changed the brake pads. But it is still making the same noise.What could it be.?

Hi there. That’s a very good question; however, we need a bit more information in order to give you an accurate idea as to what’s causing this roaring sound. If the roaring sound is coming during acceleration, it could be a worn out center gear (on the rear or 4WD front axle), or if it’s during braking, it could be the rotor that is warped that is causing the sound when the brakes are applied. The best way to minimize the guess work is to contact one of our professional mechanics so they can complete a car noise’s inspection.